I love this bread as a dessert and it is a great treat to bring to holiday parties.
You will need: Mixer 2 Bread pans or cupcake pans (depending on if you want to make bread or muffins) 1 bowl Pam spray Wax paper Cooling rack
Ingredients for bread: 3 cups of flour 2 1/2 cups of sugar 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp of salt 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds 1 1/2 cups of almond milk 1 cup and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil 3 eggs 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla 1 1/2 tsp of almond extract
Ingredients for glaze: 3/4 cup of sugar 2 tablespoons of melted margarine 1/4 cup of Orange juice 1/2 tsp of almond extract 1/2 tsp of vanilla
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees 2. Place in mixer eggs, almond extract, vanilla, almond milk, poppy seeds, salt and mix together.
3. Once mixed, add in the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, flour and vegetable oil until blended well.
4. Place in greased bread pans and cook for 1 hour. While bread is cooking, prepare the glaze.
5. Melt the margarine in your extra bowl and once melted mix in the almond extract, vanilla and orange juice.
6. Then add in the sugar. The mixture will get harder so make sure you keep mixing it intermittently or warm until the bread is finished cooking.
7. Take out the bread and place on the cooling rack which is on top of wax paper. Drizzle glaze over both loaves and enjoy!