I love falafel, it is healthy and so easy to make! I got fed up with buying them premade because I didn't get to see what was put in them. So this way, I know what I am putting in and what won't bother my stomach. You can either put these in the oven or heat up some olive oil in a pan on the stove and fry them. I like to do both but this shows the option of baking in the oven. You will need: A food processer Baking tray Small bowl Tin foil
Ingredients: 1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans 4 garlic cloves 1/2 a sweet onion 1/2 cup of cilantro 1/2 cup of parsley 1/2 teaspoon of salt 1 teaspoon of cumin Dash of old bay 1/2 cup of olive oil 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice 1 teaspoon of baking powder 4 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
2. Get out a food processor and put drained chickpeas into it.
3. Cut up half an onion and chop
4. Combine garlic, baking powder, flour, cumin and lemon juice and chop
5. Combine cilantro and parsley until in becomes green
6. Pull out baking tray, spray or coat with olive oil and form into little balls. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of each ball so that they have a golden brown hue to them when finished. Place in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.
7. At 15 minutes, take out flip them over, roll into a ball again if you prefer or leave them to cook naturally, and put them back in.
8. And voila! enjoy the yummy goodness of homemade falafel,